One of the most complete exercises to work your mind and body is swimming. It keeps you in shape, strengthens your muscles and your memory, so it is advisable to practice at any age. Swimming goggles are a good item to have on hand if you’re going to start swimming to regularly. They will allow you to swim underwater without burning your eyes or having to keep them closed and risk swimming into something.
1. Your quality of life improves. Swimming allows you to delay the aging stage, your motor capacity increases, just like your memory, since it requires more concentration and coordination.
2. It makes you more alert, more balanced and has a complex reaction time more efficient and fast and wounds take less time to heal.
3. Burn more calories. In the water your muscles work five to six times more than on dry land.
4. Swimming increases your muscle mass and tones it; lengthen your muscles and enhance your silhouette. One hour of this exercise allows you to burn up to 600 calories.
5. Your body becomes more resistant, as swimming increases the thickness of your bones.
6. Your body acquires greater mobility and elasticity. Swimming allows you to exercise your joints, increase their flexibility and range of motion.
7. It favors the activity of the cardio-respiratory system.
8. Increases spine flexibility and eliminates pain.
9. Improve your circulation. When you swim, you give a massage to each organ of your body, the blood activates and you feel better.
10. Swimming relaxes not only the muscles of the body but also your mind, so your stress decreases considerably.
11. Improves circulation. Swimming is also beneficial for the circulatory system. When we swim, each organ of our body receives a light massage, which activates the blood and makes us feel better. Therefore, swimming or swimming is a perfect exercise for those who suffer from circulatory problems such as varicose veins. In this sense, swimming has quick effects on our lower limbs, allowing us to even be more agile and toning that part of our body.
10. It is relaxing. Finally, swimming is a relaxing activity or exercise. When we swim, our muscles make a great effort, so they become tense. In the end, this process causes the same muscles to relax and rest, giving us a feeling of lightness and well-being. But our muscles are not the only ones benefited. Our mind also relaxes when we swim, due mainly to the breathing exercises that are performed. Similarly, like any other physical activity, swimming awakens our appetite, helping us to stay fit and tone our muscles.
Remember to use swimming goggles when you swim in order to protect your eyes. If you swim for an hour every day you’ll see fast results and your body will change for the better. Remember to stay hydrated while you’re swimming and don’t swim right after you’ve eaten too much.